Thursday, May 18, 2006

Stop the foreplay and just give me the bang!!!!

Strange title of a posting I know, but it all makes sense when I have been in my second evacuation due to 'a suspicious parcel' in three days.

Firstly, what constitutes a suspicious parcel (according to staff at the museum we were kicked out due to "a bag left behind"). Where were these emergency response crews when I kept losing school bags all through high school - they could have saved my parents a mint on new bags.

Anyway, one Tuesday afternoon I decided to get
some culture and headed to the County Hall to
view a Dali and Picasso exhibition. What a place London is, both Dali and Picasso in one exhibition - for free (see right hand side - no photography in the gallery sorry).

Anyway, the gallery had speakers through it broadcasting such Arty statements: "people who don't like Art never leave the first page (how deep - get a job you drain on public funds!). So about an hour in, a broadcast comes across saying: "this is not a drill, please find an emergency exit and leave in an orderly fashion". This is where the fun began.

As people were not sure if this was part of the exhibit, everyone started moving towards the exits, but in a slow dawdle so as not to look like they believed the message, but were finished with looking at the art. You could see in their eyes that there was a mix of fear, firstly because this could be for real, but more importantly, a fear that if they moved quickly and it was actually just part of the exhibition, that they wouldn't look like they 'understood' the greater meaning behind the artistic effect of the announcement (I don't know about art but I know what I like - and I loved that).

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home