Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ocean- where??

Rather than the usual let's just go to a pub, for Pete's going away we decided to go to Brighton for a pub crawl. My only knowledge of Brighton is that it's an hour south, on the coast and is apparently a great night out. I'm not one to disagrre - when a bar has to specify what substance is actually going in to your drink, me thinks me likes!
So after spending most of the day mucking about we finally made it down to Brighton to hit our first pub. The one thing that grabs me about the UK are the classic names. Even with in the city limits you have Cockfosters, Elephant and Castle, and Tooting Broadway - they get greater when you leave London. Out there you have Farliegh Wallop, or my new favourite:
Brighton has a charm of its own. We didn't get there until 3pm, which meant it was nearly dark! But that didn't matter. Waltzing down the streets and in and out of pubs they were very quaint little fun places to drinks and chat to the locals...well it would have been if my mates didn't look they did and I had a hair cut (but the wall paper in the pub in the background at least gives an idea of the pub). Another great feature of Brighton are the night markets. In these night markets, which take up whole streets are some of the god damn best op shops you will ever find. I would show you the jackets we bought, but they are simply too bright, too blue and too shiny to be revealed to an unsuspecting public. Or though...
Unfortunetly we didn't get enough time to really let loose, but Brighton will be getting another visit very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home