Wednesday, January 10, 2007

51 Blogs!!!!

Not wanting to copy anyone, I decided to celebrate my 51st blog entry as opposed to 50th. Now what started as an effort to communicate with mates back home as opposed to send a group email has morphed in to something else - mainly self therapy. From online diary to a reason for people to slack off from work, apparently friends of friends are being sent the updates to see what happens next (or so they told me to get me to come away from the ledge).

Like a baby of my own, this blog has grown in to something else over the past nine months. Basically, everyone of you reading has pretty much written this for me, as everything contained has been derived from people's complaints, gripes, and observations that they haven't quite locked on to how ironic, funny and frustrating they are. No one has given me better material than Simon who publishes the shoddy blog, so with that, here are my highlights over the past 50 (with the framework plagerised completely from Simon's blog (
http://shoddyblog.blogspot.com/2006/09/fifty-posts.html).

So let's go on this little tour:

Number of days online: 213
Starting this blog as a way of uploading photos and keeping in contact, it quickly turned in to a rant by the third post, titled: 'Forget the foreplay and give me the bang', highlighting my frustration that a terrorist attack never occurs, but there are constant warnings. And after sitting next to the smelly man on the plane home who couldn't use deodorant due to terrorism warnings - this is a theme that will continue.

Favourite posting: Britain - the only country that needs an adjective before its name
Not only does it have the best heading in my eyes, but I think the best paragraph I've ever written:
"I've been here a month now, and one might be saying I’m living the dream. Or with the weather as it is, living the wet dream. It’s days like the past ones that I remember the saying: 'The sun never sets on the British Empire'. Now that I’m here I realise the sun never actually rises on the British Empire."

Favourite commentator: Lala
Thanks Lala, always saying something after an update.

Favourite comment: Si
"Fucking madness. Though to be fair Glasso should be pepper sprayed each and every day."

Largest fan base: The UK
The UK with 37.81%, Australia following closely at 32.35% and the US in third with 25.33%. Special mention must go Chile who visited once and never came back. Good to see 4 Frenchies took a look too - hope the French military success entry didn't put you off.

Most popular day to view the blog: Monday

You lazy fuckers

Number of photos with me in them: 142
Number with out me in them: 5
Just giving the public what they want people.

Most popular saying:

Here comes a rant...

You lazy buggers award: Kayley Porter-Smith and Tess Heal(and your a journo)
"Sent your commentary of the alps back to some perthites, you saved us some work."

Finally, why the name:

Watch National Lampoon's European Vacation and look at what is written on Rusty Griswalds jacket in golden studs when he visits a French nightclub...

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger LaLa said...

Happy 51st post! May you have at least 51 more. I get bored when you and Simon (Haha. Not as tough as Beef is it?) don't update.

I am glad I keep your inner comment whore satisfied.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fqhc motors meals yamuna assumption shortening ideological florida autonomous sunday omitted
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home