Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Australia vs Denmark

What a fucking farce! Two disallowed goals and a goal keeper who loved gravity so much that he decided not to jump, move, flinch, fart or blink when the ball shot past him on three seperate occassions. Fair enough the last one was a bit tricky, but bugger me with a rubber hose, you could of at least jumped for the other two. I could have stopped them from my seat - and I had a burger in my hand. Mind you though, it was one of the best burgers I think I've had.

So on Tuesday off I went to watch Australia play Denmark at Loftus Road, Shepards Bush.

Australia vs Denmark











So with ticket in hand I went to the game acting just like Princess Mary (broke and looking for someone with a black AMEX). Unfortunetly, the only prince I spied was the three blokes behind me who entertained us all night, as the game was shit. I'm not even going to talk about the lack of communication, poor refeering calls (mainly touch judge - or is it line in football), -1 degree weather or the score line of 3-1 to the Danes. Although people at the bar refusing to drink Carlsberg at half time as it was a Danish been made me chuckle.

However Barnesy sang the national anthem, so that was good. He should have been the goalkeeper. He would have thrown bottles of scotch at the Danes and stopped them.

And then my pain was compounded when I saw this in the morning. Don't worry Guus, we'll have you back. I'm sure we'll get the boys back from Iraq too defend you if the Dutch want to fight about it!!!!

There's was only one thing to do after a defeat like this, go and hide in my favourite street:

But at least it snowed this morning, so I spent my unemployed morning make snow angels.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah now it all makes sense - third paragraph, third line, the true reason for your European tour - not that there is anything wrong with that - but three men! - and you're such a little thing! You rock girlfriend! Kissy Kissy to all the wide boys in Clapham!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Bart said...

Ha! Sarah?

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do not change the copy sweetie - be strong and proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home